Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Now back to student life in Hawaii

I also realise that my blog is titled student life and most of it is about the Big island which was like 3 days. But yes its going to be one of the good memories that will keep me going here.
I have been writing to people that 2 things I missed most in Kotagiri was not being able to read enough and to watch cultural performances. Reading I would like to do more than I do now. But performances I saw some beautiful ones. The percussion team from Malaysia called the Hands percussion team. Over the past weekend the student at the East West Center put up performances from their countries, easily some 15 countries and nations were portrayed. 2 days ago got to watch a Kathakali performance by artistes from Kerala!! To think I had never seen a performance before!!
The week rushes by and so does the weekend.
The rains are coming and its grey and breezy, feeling absolutely at home now.
Now I feel like I can update from the present... on another day though.

2 comments:

  1. hi ma'am-
    its good that you feel home there.
    we too had celebrated a great diwali at Pratim's and Sneh's house...
    to think I had never participated in diwali before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita ... loved the title ... have a great time ... will read more ... dropped in from Saneesh's blog ... Nimesh ...

    ReplyDelete